Submit Liveries or Models
Multiplayer Traffic Library - MTL
Last Modification: February 4th, 2013
You want to add a livery of a real or virtual airline? You want to add a model? But you don't know what to do? This page will
give you the necessary information.
- The creation and/or distribution of own MTL packages is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this rule can result in removal of the membership of the VA and/or
user account from IVAO (copyright violation).
- Only the MTL Team is allowed to ask permission for the use of a livery or model in the MTL Library. You are not allowed to ask permission in name of the MTL
- The repaint must be based on an official paintkit of a MTL model. Liveries which are based on other models are not accepted. A list of paintkits is available
- In all circumstances, the MTL team has the right to refuse a submitted livery.
Requirements for Real Airline Liveries
- For real airlines there is no limit on the maximum number of included liveries, but the amount of liveries shall be within reasonable limits.
- No fictional liveries are accepted, the MTL team has the right to request proof of existance for example a picture of the real aircraft.
Requirements for Virtual Airline Liveries
- The Virtual Airline must be registered as a virtual airline with IVAO, and as such must apply all IVAO Virtual Airline rules.
- A virtual airline based on a real airline is not allowed to submit liveries, except those of the real airline (under the real airline ICAO code and without
virtual airline modifications).
- A virtual airline based on a real airline which is defunct for at least 5 years, can submit fictional liveries under the real airline with a maximum of 10
- A virtual airline not based on a real airline is allowed to submit a maximum of 10 liveries, no exceptions will be made!
- The ICAO code of the virtual airline is not allowed to be the same as a real airline.
- Obviously the rules for 'all liveries' apply.
Procedure for submitting liveries
Warning! Any livery which is not submitted according to this procedure will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE. We have too much requests to answer each individual
failure personally, you can check if it is rejected on our webpages.
- All liveries shall be delivered in a zip file.
- Once done create a 'readme' file describing the livery, this file should contain:
- The name of the model.
- The name of the livery.
- The name of the airline.
- The ICAO code of the airline
- Your name and email (even if you are not the painter)
- The name and email of the painter
- Any airplane specific data if needed (e.g. engine variant)
- The contact details of the author of the repaint. The MTL team will ask for the permission themself, unless you or your virtual airline
created the repaint yourself.
- Send both the livery and the readme file towards the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for models
- The model must support both Fs2004 and FsX,
- The model should not have more then 15000 polygons,
- The model should not be existing in the MTL library, unless the new model is better in terms of framerate and quality.
Procedure for submitting models
- Write an email with the following contents:
- The name and ICAO code of the model
- The name and email address and website of the author
- The download link to the model
- Send the email to email@example.com. In any case, DO NOT ask for permission to the author in the name of IVAO,
we will take care of the permission ourself.
Note: the MTL team will NOT create repaints for you, this is not our job.
Do you have further questions? Feel free to contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not know how to repaint an aircraft, please do not ask us for how to do it, ask it on the IVAO forums and/or forums specifically designed for these kind
© 1998-2015 - IVAO ®
- All Rights Reserved